Our contacts
Tel: +38-093-578-1498
Skype: kalamar_trans
e-mail: kalamar_trans@yahoo.com

Transit visa / Crew member (C/D - visa)

Transit visa / Crew member (C/D - visa)

C-1 visa is issued to an applicant in immediate and continuous transit through the United States.

C-2 visa is issued to an applicant who qualifies as a person entitled to pass in transit to and from the United Nations Headquarters District and foreign countries.

D visas are issued to crew members of international airlines and to employees required for the normal operation and service of a vessel. Any employee of an airline, shipping company, etc. who plans to enter the United States as a member of a crew must apply for a C-1 or D visa.

Crew members may include:

  • Pilots;
  • Captains;
  • Stewards;
  • Technicians;
  • Musicians and on-board entertainers;
  • Chefs and cooks;
  • Seamen;
  • Flight attendants;
  • Scientists;
  • Electricians;
  • Waiters;
  • Lifeguards;

or employees traveling to the United States as passengers to join a vessel or aircraft.

Applicants must show that they qualify under provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Since the presumption in the law is that every visa applicant is an intending immigrant, applicants for Crew member/Transit visas must demonstrate that:

  • The purpose of their trip is to enter the US for crew-related business or transit;
  • They plan to remain for a specific period only;
  • They possess a ticket or other assurance of transportation departing the US;
  • They have sufficient funds for transit;
  • They have a residence outside of the US as well as other binding obligations which will insure their return abroad at the conclusion of their trip.

Individuals who enter the US with C-1/D visas are only allowed to stay for a maximum of 29 days. They cannot extend their stay, change their immigration status to another status, or adjust their status to US permanent resident.